- Bashaw council considers three options to deal with a jump in water prices and costs, ending in approval of a rise to $3.16 per cubic metre.
- Council eliminates indefinite sick day carryover for town employees, while approving slight pay hike.
- Bashaw wins “Read for 15” provincial challenge with over 70 per cent participation of residents.
- Bashaw School teachers net huge notoriety for Bohemian Rhapsody performance on bus cancellations.
- Community comes together to help residents that need a bit of help.
- Peewee hockey team decides to forego playoffs in support of teammate.
- Unmetered water bill of over $68,000 leaves Bashaw with 2018 deficit of about $70,000.
- Atom Stars fall to Viking in league semifinal.
- Dignitaries from Hungary join locals for St. Michael’s Church celebration.
- Bashaw RCMP help nab pair of armed robbery suspects.
- New fire inspection contract to be sought after town loses safety codes officer.
- Sorenson announces he won’t seek reelection after 19 years as MP.
- Council approves phase 2 construction of 54 Ave.
- Bashaw School takes on new sport in Team Handball.
- Bashaw to see tax hike of 3.8 per cent with revenue shortfall, water woes making an impact.
- New soccer program takes root in town.
- Junior high drama presents The Lion King: The Musical.
- Buffalo Lake RV development halted by Stettler County.
- Chamber of Commerce holds another successful Razzle Dazzle Day.
- Appeal of RV development permit denied.
- Meeting Creek couple recognized with Legends of the Breed award from Alberta Shorthorn Association.
- Ponoka Stampede title slips through Cody Cassidy’s fingers by one-tenth of a second.
- Wet fields hampering haying efforts throughout the region.
- Bashaw Seed Cleaning holds official opening of new facility.
- Bashaw Fire Department receives used pumper truck bought from City of Camrose.
- Central Alberta sees extensive damage from summer hail storm.
- Council approves purchase of replacement ice resurfacer, new maintenance deal for community hall.
- Bashaw welcomes back chuckwagon racing.
- Town’s long term strategic plan lays out 15 priorities to lead community to success.
- Bsahaw School hosts first-ever cross country event drawing schools from around Alberta.
- New bylaw passed allowing for sale of fireworks in town.
- Council unhappy with proposed that would have small municipalities pay for policing costs.
- Company chooses Bashaw as site for new recycling processing facility.
- Council approves library budget, sees drop in MSI funding.
- Rebels senior girls squad wins home volleyball tournament.
- Kurek takes local MP seat, Liberals elect a minority.
- Cody Cassidy wins CFR steer wrestling aggregate title.
- Rebels senior boys volleyball squad beat rival to win home tournament.
- Inspection reveals work needed on arena, curling rink to address fire safety issues.
- Council battles and wins as water commission backtracks to approved rate of $3.05 per cubic metre.
- BRSD looks at how to deal with $1.6 million in lost provincial funding.
- Another successful Hockey Day in Bashaw, Santa Day activities held Dec. 7.
- Bashaw Sports smashed by thieves as truck rammed into storefront.