It’s been just over a year since Bashaw’s water rates were hiked and the Bashaw Star’s latest web poll shows at least some people have changed their habits regarding water usage.
The poll presented on the website and on Facebook asked, “Has your water usage changed as a result of the higher price?”
And while the sample of respondents was small, it showed there are residents looking at cutting their water use.
Of the 11 votes cast in the poll — which ran from Jan. 31 to Feb. 7 — seven responded that their water use has changed because of the higher price, while the other four answered no.
We want to hear from you.
Facebook has changed your news feed, giving preference to posts from friends and family. This means you could see fewer stories from local news sources like Bashaw Star.
If you are like most people who regularly get some of their news from social media, you may want to keep seeing reliable information from us and other trustworthy journalism sites on Facebook. There is a simple way to make this happen.
From your desktop computer:
1. Open a desktop web browser and go to the our Facebook page. (Click the Facebook icon at the top of this page.)
2. At the top, next to the “Like” button, find the word “Follow” or “Following.” (If it says “Follow,” click that once. It will change to “Following”.)
3. Click the word “Following” and choose “See First.”
From the Facebook mobile app:
1. Open the app and tap the menu icon with the three horizontal lines. (On some devices, it’s at upper right. On others, it’s at lower right.)
2. Scroll to Settings and tap “News Feed Preferences.”
3. On the screen that pops up, tap “Prioritize who to see first.”
4. The pages you like and people you’re friends with will appear. Find us in the list and tap the logo. When you’re finished, tap “Done” in the upper right corner.
Thank you! You’ve helped ensure your Facebook connection to the best social media source for local news in Alberta. We look forward to future connections.
Let’s keep this connection going!